The Augustana | 96m | 30s | Pangman | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sounds like they continue to struggle with lease up. A good article on multi-res here:

Last night
IMG_0971.jpg

my own

JC_Yeg

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am currently in the market for a central 2 bedroom rental. My Girlfriend inquired on both The Augustana and CX Grandin. Both look great inside, but it's tough to justify paying $2,000+ before parking for something smaller than my 70s era 1 bedroom. Especially when there is good bang for buck in owner rented recent downtown builds and well renovated Oliver buildings. I think a big incentive roll-out & September student return (Bank of M & D) could help their cause

Hugh Jazz

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am currently in the market for a central 2 bedroom rental. My Girlfriend inquired on both The Augustana and CX Grandin. Both look great inside, but it's tough to justify paying $2,000+ before parking for something smaller than my 70s era 1 bedroom. Especially when there is good bang for buck in owner rented recent downtown builds and well renovated Oliver buildings. I think a big incentive roll-out & September student return (Bank of M & D) could help their cause
There's certainly something to be said for living in a brand new purpose built rental with all the amenities, but I totally agree with you. The options around $2k/month in the owner-rented condo market downtown are endless right now, and they usually include a parking stall.

David A

Member Bio
Reaction score
A newer building has some appeal so the owners can charge a bit more, but there are limits to that. I think in this city you have to offer a good size unit if you want to charge more. Also, there are a number of older building that have been renovated or maintained that charge less, so there is plenty of competition.

nv96

Member Bio
Reaction score

kcantor

Member Bio
Reaction score
For sale!

although it says "new listing to market", i think it has been listed with ay for some time so this is a change in brokerage firms.

the fact it is/has been for sale is also likely to be one of the reasons that they're prepared to accept a longer lease-up time in exchange for protecting/maintaining rental rates.