The Augustana | 96m | 30s | Pangman | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Sounds like they continue to struggle with lease up. A good article on multi-res here:

Last night
IMG_0971.jpg

my own

I am currently in the market for a central 2 bedroom rental. My Girlfriend inquired on both The Augustana and CX Grandin. Both look great inside, but it's tough to justify paying $2,000+ before parking for something smaller than my 70s era 1 bedroom. Especially when there is good bang for buck in owner rented recent downtown builds and well renovated Oliver buildings. I think a big incentive roll-out & September student return (Bank of M & D) could help their cause

I am currently in the market for a central 2 bedroom rental. My Girlfriend inquired on both The Augustana and CX Grandin. Both look great inside, but it's tough to justify paying $2,000+ before parking for something smaller than my 70s era 1 bedroom. Especially when there is good bang for buck in owner rented recent downtown builds and well renovated Oliver buildings. I think a big incentive roll-out & September student return (Bank of M & D) could help their cause
There's certainly something to be said for living in a brand new purpose built rental with all the amenities, but I totally agree with you. The options around $2k/month in the owner-rented condo market downtown are endless right now, and they usually include a parking stall.

A newer building has some appeal so the owners can charge a bit more, but there are limits to that. I think in this city you have to offer a good size unit if you want to charge more. Also, there are a number of older building that have been renovated or maintained that charge less, so there is plenty of competition.

For sale!

although it says "new listing to market", i think it has been listed with ay for some time so this is a change in brokerage firms.

the fact it is/has been for sale is also likely to be one of the reasons that they're prepared to accept a longer lease-up time in exchange for protecting/maintaining rental rates.

Back