The Augustana | 96m | 30s | Pangman | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.41.46 AM.png

Here's hoping that the corner CRU has a vibrant/bright/colourful interior to balance off the rest.

More I see it, the less I like it. Modern Peregrine Pointe. Interaction between podium and tower makes no sense. Do the concrete “fins” on the podium serve a structural or functional purpose? They’ve somehow managed to have too much going on while mainting an incredibly bland overall appearance Lol. Not an east feat!

More I see it, the less I like it. Modern Peregrine Pointe. Interaction between podium and tower makes no sense. Do the concrete “fins” on the podium serve a structural or functional purpose? They’ve somehow managed to have too much going on while mainting an incredibly bland overall appearance Lol. Not an east feat!
I don't think it's on the same level as Peregrine Pointe - to be at that level it AT LEAST needs a beautiful faux-Mansard hat.

In terms of towers built over the last 15 years, I'd place it squarely between Fox Tower II and The Hat Five Corners.

Look again. Beige and boring. Blank walls and punched windows. Overall unfinished look. Just missing the green hat. Obviously im kidding and PP is MUCH worse, but there are parallels.

Still 100% an awesome win for the neighbourhood. I just personally don’t like the look of it at all.
2E8906E4-CCD0-4D25-8727-61EC1D5C28C4.pngA067BAF1-7C60-42F2-AFBB-2594F8E4480D.jpeg

That said, the penthouse of PP is a masterpiece...or something. Seriously, it's 'amazing'.

I'm OK for Augustsna for they're panels that gives nice imprinted continuous lines- a break from the monotony of a plain stucco wall aka Langham. I've stated on a different forum that if they applied mullions to the stucco it would look even better, especially if you are doing glass/stucco. You can go beyond chrome or black look. For Augustana m, Orange, yellow or green mullion would have popped that out further. I'll post a picture of mullion/stucco affect once I can find it.

Back