Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
^^Really? You're going to pretend that the potential danger of this area isn't more of a concern for women than it is for men? Equality doesn't mean you completely ignore our differences. Women are far more likely to feel insafe in this area, and they have legitimate reason to be.

dkbxL45.jpg

This feels like a news article's cover photo, very interesting and concerning to see the huge divide of wealth this area...

I thought the whole point of the pedway was to help address safety concerns. Like every location, it has it plusses and minuses. One of the pluses is proximity to downtown.

However, I expect the market for this will be different than some other projects in other parts of downtown. Also, if development starts to happen north of this, perceptions might start to change.

Who is down for a friendly boxing match between @kcantor and @archited?

I've got two pairs of 8oz gloves at the ready. Let me know a time and place, boys!
Mr Kanter has always had a powerful right hook since the era of other communication boards. He has never missed a shot regardless who he has engaged. Facts tend to do that you know....

^ let me just say that I'd never live there with the "neighbourhood" as it is. saying that a pedway makes it safer just reiterates how bad it is.
There are a lot of neighbourhoods in this city I'd never live in and not all because of safety issues. Some particularly suburban areas I find boring and bland, but other people do live there.

So, I suspect some people would live there regardless, but the pedway was intended to broaden its appeal and mitigate concerns.

Proximity to the arena is great. I miss living right next to Commonwealth, because the entire area felt alive during game days. I'd leave my couch and be in my seats in under 10 minutes.

Hopefully like the Stadium area, more than one developer jumps into the area shortly. Things can change quickly in 10 years.

Proximity to the arena is great. I miss living right next to Commonwealth, because the entire area felt alive during game days. I'd leave my couch and be in my seats in under 10 minutes.

Hopefully like the Stadium area, more than one developer jumps into the area shortly. Things can change quickly in 10 years.
Between the other phases in this project, and ICE District Phase II, this area north of 104 ave will look very different in (maybe more than) a few years. And they're very likely to attract more developers, as things move along. I can't imagine Westrich and MacLab staying out, if the area starts gaining momentum, for example.

^ let me just say that I'd never live there with the "neighbourhood" as it is. saying that a pedway makes it safer just reiterates how bad it is.
Wouldn't the pedway get a lot of foot traffic from people going between the Herb Jamieson shelter and Churchill Station?

Back