Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I was under the impression that is wasn't much of a serious building proposal and more of a rezone and resell, could be wrong though. I am pretty sure though that the proposed design is a fairly generic design (as in not made specific for the proposal) as I remember it being a downloadable asset in the original cities skylines game
It was an actual project that was well passed a rezone and sell. They actually were in the process of preselling condo units in the building and I remember taking a look at their marketing materials at the time while considering buying a unit. The condo market was (and still is) soft and the project died. Other than The View, I think this was the last condo project proposed in downtown that I can recall. Obviously The View went forward but sales were flat lined and last year the project was converted to rental due to the lack of sales.

Last edited:
It was an actual project that was well passed a rezone and sell. They actually were in the process of preselling condo units in the building and I remember taking a look at their marketing materials at the time while considering buying a unit. The condo market was (and still is) soft and the project died. Other than The View, I think this was the last condo project proposed in downtown that I can recall. Obviously The View went forward but sales were flat lined and last year the project was converted to rental due to the lack of sales.

Was The View converted to rentals due to lack of sales? I thought pre-sales were pretty strong and when it was finally finished construction there weren't that many units left to sell?

Was The View converted to rentals due to lack of sales? I thought pre-sales were pretty strong and when it was finally finished construction there weren't that many units left to sell?
Yes, there were a number of units that had remained unsold and quite typically a developers profit is in the remaining units so it was more cost effective for them to buy back the owned units then convert the entire building to rental last year. Doing this they were able to get CMHC financing and take their equity out.

As in keeping the homeless, fentanyl addicted folks out of there? I share the same sentiment....there is always hope.......
As sad as it is, the reality of pseudo public areas is that there is the ability to exclude people more easily.

I do wonder about the viability of this place. Is it really going to be an attractive place to live? Everytime I'm a block's vicinity, I am met with a ton of social disorder, garbage littered everywhere, and an overwhelming smell of human feces. I think it's an attractive development with good things going for it so I'm hoping it has a noticeably positive impact.

I do wonder about the viability of this place. Is it really going to be an attractive place to live? Everytime I'm a block's vicinity, I am met with a ton of social disorder, garbage littered everywhere, and an overwhelming smell of human feces. I think it's an attractive development with good things going for it so I'm hoping it has a noticeably positive impact.
The unfortunate effect of decades of trying to keep all of Edmontons social issues in one out of sight out of mind corner of the city.

George Spady (which is right by this) is moving next year to Stony Plain Road. In some small steps, the decentralization of social services is happening away from downtown.

Plus its $1300 for a one bedroom besides the Ice District, with vacancy rates as low as they are, people are going to move here no matter what.

… and an overwhelming smell of human feces…
I think that’s primarily from the city still having some combined storm/sanitary sewers downtown, not the area’s residents (although they can sometimes be problematic as well). Under certain use/weather conditions there are a number of intersections in addition to 101 Street and 104 Avenue where this is often an issue.

AFAIR all that area is due for neighbourhood renewal. Hopefully, that's an extra step to clean it up and make it look more attractive for future residents.

Plus its $1300 for a one bedroom besides the Ice District, with vacancy rates as low as they are, people are going to move here no matter what.
I heard every unit comes with 1 stab-proof Kevlar vest...

Joking a side, it's a nice looking building in an area with a good amount of amenities you can walk to. If I had to chose between a unit in this building vs in The Hat @ 5 Corners, with rent being asked for the same or close, I'd chose this one

Back