Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Good idea, there does need to be something to draw people in more directly from Stantec to City Centre. A problem in the north west corner is the parkade entrance which would make a connection to the rest of the malll difficult is on the main level.

I think a pedway is needed somewhere on the second level to bring people directly from Stantec to the west side of City Centre, or maybe it could be a street front retail entrance say with an escalator up to a second level connection to the mall.

Good idea, there does need to be something to draw people in more directly from Stantec to City Centre. A problem in the north west corner is the parkade entrance which would make a connection to the rest of the malll difficult is on the main level.

I think a pedway is needed somewhere on the second level to bring people directly from Stantec to the west side of City Centre, or maybe it could be a street front retail entrance say with an escalator up to a second level connection to the mall.
I don't think the new Owners of Stantec Tower or the CC Mall will have any interest in paying for a pedway until Stantec Tower is fully leased and the mall is revamped with sufficient retail and restaurants. Maybe the City can do it using CRL funding (not going to happen).

I don't think the new Owners of Stantec Tower or the CC Mall will have any interest in paying for a pedway until Stantec Tower is fully leased and the mall is revamped with sufficient retail and restaurants. Maybe the City can do it using CRL funding (not going to happen).
I don't know the owners of either and can't speak for them, but maybe you can.

I just think it would be beneficial for both, although more so for City Centre and in general, as it would provide a more direct connection between the buildings as the current one that requires going through three other buildings.

However, I also doubt the city would fund it, unless some commitment was made in either the construction or acquisition of the buildings. If there was, we would probably already be well aware of it.

Oddly, it is not very busy except at rush hour. The two large parkades on the southside of it (and Stantec's too to the north) also probably mean it will not likely ever be a very pedestrian friendly area.
As someone who lives on 103rd leave it alone, its access for a lot of parkades including mine and see's a lot more traffic than those that stop by occasionally think. And will become even more vital once the LRT continues westward on 102nd.

Last edited:
Are Morrison Herschfield vacating their offices in Toronto? -- I hadn't heard anything to that effect. Stantec has offices all over the world -- I drove by one in Bakersfield, California the other day. I am not sure they plan on beefing up the Edmonton office to accommodate this buy-out.

Are Morrison Herschfield vacating their offices in Toronto? -- I hadn't heard anything to that effect. Stantec has offices all over the world -- I drove by one in Bakersfield, California the other day. I am not sure they plan on beefing up the Edmonton office to accommodate this buy-out.
The Edmonton Office will move so I suspect all the other offices will migrate to the local Stantec Office if there is room.

As someone who lives on 103rd leave it alone, its access for a lot of parkades including mine and see's a lot more traffic than those that stop by occasionally think. And will become even more vital once the LRT continues westward on 102nd.
So, if I understand it correctly: keep giving cars the priority.

Yep, there’s bike lanes and the LRT and the Plaza.
Sorry, I'm absolutely unable to agree. 103 is a barren wasteland that sees MAYBE 2hrs is heavy traffic a day and yet is wide enough to support it's usual traffic several times over.

While it doesn't necessarily needs bike lanes or something like that, it could do well with a little road diet, wider sidewalks, trees, better landscaping, etc.

Especially in the section between 101 st and 104 st, it should feel much more pedestrian friendly and integrate better with ICE District and help make the whole area feel more cohesive and inviting.

Back