Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Residential requires a card as well. There is also already a double door to access the elevator lobby.
This might be replacing the double doors on either main floor or level two?
I can see level 2, since there was easy access to the elevator. But unless you had a card you could not go up past 4. It would take you to main.

Yes, in the office tower an elevator goes up to Level 2 without a card so you can access the pedway and also the escalator on the west side of the lobby.

I assume the papered-over area and new entrance door is where Daniel Costa’s ‘Henry’s’ cafe/bar will be. Nice presence/ exposure, could even have a little patio in the summer.

IMG_0187.jpeg

Oddly, it is not very busy except at rush hour. The two large parkades on the southside of it (and Stantec's too to the north) also probably mean it will not likely ever be a very pedestrian friendly area.

Oddly, it is not very busy except at rush hour. The two large parkades on the southside of it (and Stantec's too to the north) also probably mean it will not likely ever be a very pedestrian friendly area.
I just spent a couple minutes to mockup sidewalk additions that shouldn't impact traffic flow at all since so much of the road is used for on street parking. The light green part would need to be lower to allow bike traffic.

1703104053939.png

It has existed as is for a long time, but the arena development was probably a consideration at some point to continue to leave it as is.

Walked by this (didn't enter lol) and man 103 Ave needs a road diet, badly.
We also need to activate at least the first floor of the CCM parkade with something... Rec Room, McDonald's, megalounge, just... something other than that brutal bunker of lifelessness.

We also need to activate at least the first floor of the CCM parkade with something... Rec Room, McDonald's, megalounge, just... something other than that brutal bunker of lifelessness.
I don't know that there's enough business to activate everywhere that could use it. Maybe we should focus on creating one really good stretch that can become it's own attraction rather than trying to do everything at once and doing it poorly.

I would focus first on filling the empty space on the first and second level and worry about the parkade after that. Rec Room could be a nice addition on the main level of the west side of the mall.

Unfortunately the best way to get that mall better activated would be to have a corner entrance to the mall at the intersection where city market is. That would change pedestrian traffic patterns. Then a Rec Room at ground level with an entrance where the Bay had its door on 103 st would then fill that area and hopefully activate that road better, maybe turn that block of 103st into a pedestrian lane an in essence an extension to the ice district plaza

Back