Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Nice angle on the last image

Has anyone seen any progress on the food court?
Absolutely nothing going on. I walk through it at least once a week and there are tables/ chairs setup that usually are used by a handful of people and a ping pong table but it's still a weirdly half finished space with no signs of imminent work.

When I have gone by the food court area, I have seen around 30 people or more there regularly at lunch time. It may seem like less, because it is a big space, but I have actually counted several times. This is despite there being absolutely no food outlets there.

I realize the timing of this was hit particularly badly by COVID, but it is time to get things moving ahead again here. Other than a couple places in the Edmonton Tower, there is nothing really close by to grab a quick bite.

It is used as a lunch spot. But since I am not down there anymore I can't say. But prior to Covid the major design work was done and I remember that there were some inklings of some tenants. But I left Stantec and lost track of where is sat. The plan was to have independents and a liquor liences.

The new reality is that an 'elevated' food fair there won't be plausible now due to a lack of daytime population and workers in general.

I suspect that you will see it repositioned for office or amenity in the next year or so.

When I have gone by the food court area, I have seen around 30 people or more there regularly at lunch time. It may seem like less, because it is a big space, but I have actually counted several times. This is despite there being absolutely no food outlets there.

I realize the timing of this was hit particularly badly by COVID, but it is time to get things moving ahead again here. Other than a couple places in the Edmonton Tower, there is nothing really close by to grab a quick bite.
There’s also Loblaws. They have their to-go counter right next to the pedway to Stantec. Very convenient.

Is this a key card/extra step of security being put in place to limit access to elevators and folks hoping in?

---

Reference ID:Job No 492693933-002
Description:To construct interior alterations to the Stantec Tower building (new interior sliding door to elevator lobby)
Plan 2020006 Unit 423
Applicant:SEAGATE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT LTD.
Create Date:2023-12-01T12:24:48Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Is this a key card/extra step of security being put in place to limit access to elevators and folks hoping in?

---

Description:To construct interior alterations to the Stantec Tower building (new interior sliding door to elevator lobby)
Plan 2020006 Unit 423
You need a card to go up the elevators already, although I wouldn't be surprised.
My guess would be that it is a full height wall (glass or otherwise) at the elevator lobbies to aid with stack effect issues.

---

Plan 2020006 Unit 423
That could be for the residential. The commercial elevators were pretty controlled. Need a key card just to get up.

That could be for the residential. The commercial elevators were pretty controlled. Need a key card just to get up.
Residential requires a card as well. There is also already a double door to access the elevator lobby.
This might be replacing the double doors on either main floor or level two?

Parlour Barba now open inside Henry Singer in Stantec! Shaves, tailor cuts, great drink selection and amazing barbers!

December-1-2023 Parlour Barba-5.jpeg
December-1-2023 Parlour Barba-150.jpeg
December-1-2023 Parlour Barba-286.jpeg

Got a free cut from Parlour Barba at a work event once; probably the best haircut I've ever gotten. But I'm a cheapskate and am totally fine with the quality I get from my $18 stripmall barber, so I am not a regular customer. 😆

Back