Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Is another Food Court even necessary when they’re surrounded by fast food options and another food court across the road? Wouldn’t this have been a way better spot for another restaurant (or two) overlooking the plaza?

Surrounded is a bit of an exaggeration… just meant random options in Edmonton tower and bell tower and maybe HSBC (haven’t been there since the Renos)?… But isn’t city centre mall getting an expanded food court or something? maybe 3 minute walk?

Is another Food Court even necessary when they’re surrounded by fast food options and another food court across the road? Wouldn’t this have been a way better spot for another restaurant (or two) overlooking the plaza?
I agree. Also, the new owners from Germany that bought the 29 floors of commercial space might have different plans if the sale included this space. To me, the draw would be the lunch crowd if you could lease this space up. Perhaps they think demand isn't there if they're competing with City Centre though. It is pretty easy to say from our limited perspective that they should make it a food court tomorrow, but in reality, they may think the market in this area can't support a larger food court.

One of the tenants for the food court is a tequila/taco bar that will also have the patio overlooking the plaza.

No clue why they still haven't been turned over the space for TI's yet though. They literally signed their lease almost 3 years ago.

The space was originally supposed to be non chain restaurants as well as being a licensed space. .

Yeah, I wonder about that too. City Centre and other existing places are more centrally located related to the downtown office towers.

It would seem to be a better space for a restaurant, which might have the advantage of drawing crowds in the evening on event nights at Rogers.

Very much so and will significantly help with 'entertainment' activities to better compliment ICE District.

Reactions: God
I am still a little irked on why the lighting feature got cancelled on the Stantec Tower.

Meanwhile in Calgary...
Would have been nice. I'm sure it's something that wouldn't be hard to add to in the future. Maybe get their condo's occupancy filled up first.
Screenshot_2020-05-18-14-42-19.png

Last edited:

Back