Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
London tops the list as one of the most interesting cities in the world -- there are lots of lessons there -- it is very well put together.

Oct. 7 - Core nearly two floors up, forms for 3rd floor being placed.

And Dream is now kicking photographers off the HSBC parkade. I'll have to see about getting written permission to use it, it really is an unbeatable vantage point.

PERMIT_DATE October 20, 2016
PERMIT_NUMBER 162139487-031
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10360 - 102 STREET NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct Phase 1 (Storeys 1-30) of a 66-storey mixed use building (Stantec - Ice District Tower E)(retail, office, residential, with pedway)
BUILDING_TYPE Apartments (310)
WORK_TYPE (01) New
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 320,900,000
ZONING AED
UNITS_ADDED 483

Hey Dave, how do these permits work? Does this mean they are actually going to complete the first 30 first and build the second half of the building later? Or are the permits just separated because one half is commercial and the other is residential?

I figured the entire structure would go up at once and then interior work later

Does this mean they are actually going to complete the first 30 first and build the second half of the building later?

That seems to be their plan, whether the permits show it or not.

StantecTower-brochure.pdf shows "Stantec Tower" as the lower section, slated for 2018, and the top section labelled "Residential" slated for 2019.

No, @jeffm, they will build the whole structure continuously -- it is just a permitting thing -- identifies individual items such as demolition, excavation, foundations, etc. all requiring separate permits. When you pull a permit you have to pay for it in advance; I am sure they don't want to pay for the condo portion of the permit until they get there.

No, @jeffm, they will build the whole structure continuously -- it is just a permitting thing -- identifies individual items such as demolition, excavation, foundations, etc. all requiring separate permits. When you pull a permit you have to pay for it in advance; I am sure they don't want to pay for the condo portion of the permit until they get there.

Bingo, with all development permits, developers have to pay a security to the City... Not I am not sure what it is on buildings, but on underground servicing and site paving its usually 110% of construction cost. Then once the construction is completed, record drawings approved the developer can apply for a letter of credit.

Back