7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Skyline

FlbtdsBXEAEKWO5

1_fbb581b7-a38c-4272-8c6a-fc669261aed3.jpg

The second last photo posted is one of the best skyline shots I have ever seen. A proper panorama from that vantage point just a little lower to hide the parking lot but includes all of the U of A and a little further east of the existing photo would be wonderful.

Yeah that second last photo is amazing and one of the best overall pics I've seen of Edmonton.

Also really shows how many vacant lots there still are in Old Strathcona. The Cidex project will seriously be a game changer for the area in not only getting rid of a giant swath of lots, but also bringing a ton of new residents and inject some life on non Friday and Saturday nights. Also is great that the project overall seems like it will be quality and aesthetically pleasing.

I've always wondered about those lots across from Scona garage. Anyone know who owns them and if there's ever been any proposals there? Seems like given the proximity to Whyte, the future Cidex development and being near the U of A this could be a project that would give developers something to think about.

It also highlights the lack of true density versus cities like MTL, Philly or even Denver.

It also highlights the lack of true density versus cities like MTL, Philly or even Denver.
We're comparing apples to oranges here.
Philly is playing on Toronto's league, not even MTL (6M people metro, part of the NE megalopolis)
Denver and MTL metros are both 2 to 3x larger than Edmonton, with Denver's closest other real big cities being Vegas, Phoenix and Kansas City (MO).

Back