News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Skyline

In would love to see Telus and ATB reclad but I feel like that's dreaming!
I use to feel the same way about the those two towers. I kind of appreciate them now. A good sandblasting? would do wonders for them (Telus sign.. tacky though :rolleyes: ). I would put several buildings ahead of those two for a reclad. Here's a wish list?‍♂️

1) Milner- yes the newly renovated embarrassment. Round the edges out and use a different exterior material. Do something... please?:mad:? ?
2) Telus Toll Building with the patriotic red colored crane and wave pool design on top.:mad: ? ?
3) Sutton Place- come on.. facelift already..??
4) MacDonald Place - competing with Telus Toll for ugly??
5) City Square Tower. Just look at it.. No explanation needed.???
6) Edmonton House- sandblast category.. Don't mind it otherwise.?
7) World Trade Center building is actually a beauty. Really like it but the black stapled sign on it is not.. get rid of it.?

The rest of the older buildings are boxy but don't mind the simple clean design of them.
Love glass towers. Commerce Place needs a mate.? ?

Last edited:
In would love to see Telus and ATB reclad but I feel like that's dreaming!

No way, those 2 are beauties. The only thing I would change is the dark glazing. Replace this with clear, silverfish or aquamarine glazing (check out the tower at college plaza near the UofA to see how that looks) and those towers would look much better IMO

@OverheardatYEG I dunno, I think they're unique in their own way ?
If you didn't know, there's a nearly identical tower in San Fransisco (Telus). In the movie Bullit with Steve McQueen. Hartford Building 142m vs 134.4m for Telus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-07-18-59-33~2.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-07-18-59-33~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
@cpnfantstk That's cool, but San Francisco is a long ways from here (I mean, now with the nonstop flights not so much...), and Telus and ATB tower are still unique in Edmonton no matter what ?.

Downtown and Neighborhood collide.
60F4B879-820E-4B3A-BDBB-EA9CA0D04C23.jpeg

Back