Rogers Place | ?m | ?s | Katz Group | HOK

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I made a response to that video as a section for my NIMBYS video, but I cut it out in the end, as I realized that the woman in those videos was actually insane ?.

IMG_4570.JPG

They do actually have some trees in the Plaza. It all looks very nice and all, but I was expecting it to to be a bit more "alive". It's mostly vacant on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Even during an oilers game, you'd expect there to be more traffic. Seems like it's taking forever for the ground level retail at bottom of stantec tower to come alive.

^ there is nothing there to keep people lingering from what I can see - and it definitely gives off a barren wasteland vibe. I'm guessing people probably avoid thinking it's still an active construction zone (I haven't been there in a while so I have no idea if it still is or not)

My thought on the whole district is, a year or two will make a world of difference to the good, so long as the tower B podium proceeds. If not, it's still half a construction site and not very user friendly. If the towerBtower ever proceeds, then there is completion to phase uno and you'll witness a very popular and active plaza, lots of activity. Personally, I'm still curious about the ask from Katz group for the plaza deal they brought up a couple years ago.

Skate at Rogers Place in support of the United Way
November 20, 2019

Lace up your skates and take to the ice at Rogers Place—the home of the Oil Kings and Oilers.

The City of Edmonton is hosting a family-friendly Skate for United Way event at Rogers Place in support of the United Way of the Alberta Capital Region.

Date: Saturday, November 23
Time: 12:30 - 4 p.m.

Skate and enjoy other family-friendly activities for $12 per person (for a one hour skate) and $8 per person for non-skaters. There will be family-friendly activities and refreshments including a photo booth from NEAT, glitter tattoos from the Balloon Fairies, popcorn and more. Tickets are available online.

Bring the whole family to enjoy a one of a kind experience that supports the United Way and works towards ending poverty.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/unitedway

The reviews (and I imagine the books themselves) focus on the monetary aspects of development and the enriching of already-wealthy individuals. That's one side of the coin. On the flip side, the arena has engendered literally billions of new core-centric development with multiple factors of what has already been spent yet to come. The tax base is being dramatically expanded (especially on a square foot -- square metre land valuation). In sum I am wanting to say "so what!", but my mother has always cautioned me not to be rude. The reviewer and the authors might just as well have written about Katz getting rich on the sale of prescription drugs.

Last edited:

Back