News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Riley's 108 Street Redevelopment | 20.2m | 6s | J+S Architect

Possibly catered to older crowds... It's across the street from the future park, 1 block from groceries, shops and nearby walking distance amenities.
Someone mentioned about the first floor formed in concrete would be a great idea which will allow an extra floor; either residents or ground elevation portion of parkade would be welcomed.

As far as I know, and I don’t know much, the maximum height for wood frame construction is six stories even if the first floor is concrete. That is how we arrive at a 5 over 1.

As far as I know, and I don’t know much, the maximum height for wood frame construction is six stories even if the first floor is concrete. That is how we arrive at a 5 over 1.
I thought the same.

How does the 6+1 work in this instance? Any technical guys able to explain?

I always read that aside from engineered timber, no building of combustible materials can be over six storeys, however there is the exception where a first level made out of non combustible materials that is primarily used as a "storage garage" can be considered it's own separate building and not counted toward the six storey limit for wood/combustible frame. So something similar to that?

Yes

As per 6+1, it should be no problem
I thought the same.

How does the 6+1 work in this instance? Any technical guys able to explain?

I always read that aside from engineered timber, no building of combustible materials can be over six storeys, however there is the exception where a first level made out of non combustible materials that is primarily used as a "storage garage" can be considered it's own separate building and not counted toward the six storey limit for wood/combustible frame. So something similar to that?
I thought it was no woods over sixth floors, but if your main floor is concrete and slab...

Back