News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Riley's 108 Street Redevelopment | 20.2m | 6s | J+S Architect

You’d think being in the Warehouse District, they would've included some brick in the design, but I guess some development is better than nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ideally at-grade exterior siding is brick or stone, especially where there is no setback and can get damaged.

Only thing missing in my mind is a corner retail unit, or along 102 Avenue. I understand the need now might not be great but at least have one.

Other than that we need 20 more of these, or a version of.

I can't tell if posts 91 and 92 are sarcastic or not. I'll hope for the former!

Not all developments are better than nothing.

And downtown Edmonton should strive for the best, not good enough.

Just my two cents.

Not every lot downtown is going to turn into a high end luxury tower. And downtown needs buildings where rent doesn’t start in the 2’s. It’s got minimal setback and scaled nicely so it’s going to serve downtown way better than what’s there currently despite being too “suburban” for a lot of people here.

Not every lot downtown is going to turn into a high end luxury tower. And downtown needs buildings where rent doesn’t start in the 2’s. It’s got minimal setback and scaled nicely so it’s going to serve downtown way better than what’s there currently despite being too “suburban” for a lot of people here.
Yes, lots of people just looking for an affordable place to live in a decent location. Not every building has to be an architectural masterpiece and as well as adding more people in the area, it will be a real improvement on what is there now.

Back