Oliver Crossing | 21m | 7s

^The DP only shows residential.
My bad, I was a bit wrong with the timeline. I looked back at my messages, and this is what he said: "Possibility to convert a tenant amenity space to a coffee shop/cafe if demand is there." So it won't be an immediate thing, or even something that's guaranteed to come to fruition.

Agreed. It's a wasted opportunity.
Walking across 104th Ave has always been a bitch ... now there will be train tracks to cross. My guess is that the crosswalk at either 110th or 112th will be removed to accommodate the continuity of the train without stopping and you know how long trains take to actually clear intersections in Edmonton as we see from the Kingsway debacle. Pedestrians get lowest priority.

Walking across 104th Ave has always been a bitch ... now there will be train tracks to cross. My guess is that the crosswalk at either 110th or 112th will be removed to accommodate the continuity of the train without stopping and you know how long trains take to actually clear intersections in Edmonton as we see from the Kingsway debacle. Pedestrians get lowest priority.
According to the detailed map, the 112 street crossing will be maintained as is, with traffic lights, as there will be a stop there (westbound will be between 112 and 113 st, eastbound will be between 111 and 113 st). 110 st crossing will be pedestrian activated, but will not be scrapped altogether.
Also, the tendency is for the crossing to be easier, as having a safe "middle point" to stop, usually makes it easier and safer (albeit longer), not harder for people with reduced mobility to cross, and it won't make much of a difference for most people, anyways.
Also, 104 avenue is going on a diet, getting wider sidewalks, for the most part, and will be reducing speed after project is completed, to 40km/h, which makes it more pedestrian friendly. Low floor LRT is very pedestrian friendly, hence why they're so widely used in dense, walkable cities in Europe, for example. I get it that, because we're used to the high floor LRT (which is essentially a mini metro and nothing pedestrian friendly) it's hard to see how the Valley Line will be actually good for both pedestrians, cyclists and commuters.

C91A1509-EC84-427F-98F3-30DCABD1F021.jpeg
9965B59C-A661-4DB4-BA05-1E3949DB2CAD.jpeg

Back