News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Sounds like Emberson is a solid dman, I think we won that trade considering we also freed up cap space.

Honestly, sign Holloway and start Emberson as 2D with Nurse for now and look for a veteran rental around the trade deadline. Emberson played 30 games on a historically bad SJ team and was still only a -4 playing over 18 minutes a night, I'd say that's solid.

Over 4 million for Broberg with only a solid second half of playoffs is too much. If he played the full season and did well, then it would be a different story.

Sounds like Emberson is a solid dman, I think we won that trade considering we also freed up cap space.

Honestly, sign Holloway and start Emberson as 2D with Nurse for now and look for a veteran rental around the trade deadline. Emberson played 30 games on a historically bad SJ team and was still only a -4 playing over 18 minutes a night, I'd say that's solid.

Over 4 million for Broberg with only a solid second half of playoffs is too much. If he played the full season and did well, then it would be a different story.
Apparently Knoblauch coach him in the minors

I'd rather the Oilers keep both players if Kane will be on LTIR until the playoffs.
At the very least, keep Broberg and let Holloway walk to the Blues. Then let Nurse and Broberg play together as they did during the playoffs.

Spec makes it sound like there will be one.....
1724106589953.png

Sadly, it makes sense.

While both have significant upward potential and good careers ahead of them, we would be left with zero leverage or opportunity come March and do not need development players at a time that we are 100% focussed on the cup this and next year; let alone the overpay for Bro.

I look forward to following both over the next decade, but time to move on.

Good luck Broberg and Holloway.
While I also wish them well personally, letting them go was probably the right thing from a team perspective. If you’re expecting two dozen players from the best in the world to your press box depth to give up something financially in order to build the best team possible in order to win the Stanley Cup, you can’t make an exception by keeping and paying two players demanding a premium for potential. Consistency is everything in team building.

Back