News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

LET'S. GOOOOOOO!

Where's everyone watching tonight? I want to head DT but don't know if I'll find anywhere to watch. I suspect the two watch parties will be near capacity before I even leave work.

Superstitions are moronic, I know, but whenever I go to Rogers for a playoff game (live or a watch party), the Oilers lose, so I'm not going to tempt fate. I will be white-knuckling it in my living room, instead.

They really should just move up the season to start a month earlier. Hockey in late June is fairly unnatural, and I don't understand why the NHL wants to compete with the NBA playoffs directly.

My money is on Jeff Jackson, current President of Hockey Ops, so jumping into the GM role probably isn't too much of a switch up for him, He's McDavid's former agent, likely has had a lot of say in recent moves that have been made. I think the timeline is really important as well. The time between the end of Playoffs (tonight) and the Draft, Free Agency, etc is a matter of a few days at this point so starting fresh with a GM that's new only days before all these crucial dates is a bit risky. Jeff Jackson is in the organization and likely already has a good feel on what they're thinking about heading into the offseason.

Back