News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

^Is there much in the Dorchester at this time?
The basement level is fully occupied by the British Council (it is one of the IELTS test locations, with a few classrooms, as well) and Rücker (3rd party vendor who does B2C and B2B sales... door knocking, my first job in Canada was there, actually), there are some businesses, including an architecture firm in the above, as well as offices for the same British Council. Last I was there, I'd say they're about 60% occupied.

The new apartment building at the traffic circle at 118 avenue and 101 street has revealed its colours

I'm not sure about this. Better than three shades of grey or three shades of swamp green, and nice to have some colour, but....

1613094715185.png

The new apartment building at the traffic circle at 118 avenue and 101 street has revealed its colours

I'm not sure about this. Better than three shades of grey or three shades of swamp green, and nice to have some colour, but....

View attachment 299625
What is it with people and tiny windows? Really, can any of the developers we have here give us the price difference between putting these tiny holes they call windows in the wall and actual, human-scale windows?

What is it with people and tiny windows? Really, can any of the developers we have here give us the price difference between putting these tiny holes they call windows in the wall and actual, human-scale windows?
My thoughts exactly. I don't even mind the building itself (although not fantastic, is not that bad), but those tiny windows and those huge blank walls of nothing are so poorly designed.

I don't think the window size is so much the issue, from the inside they will probably seem fine. However the number and placement particularly on the third and fourth floors in the side facing in the picture seems a bit odd.

The colour scheme is a bit of a nightmare though. I don't have a problem with more bold colour - the red at top is nice, but just pick two colours that don't clash and leave it at that.

Back