Milner Building Residential Conversion | 53m | 12s | Westcorp | Kasian

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class A
Permit Date Jul 07, 2020
Status Approved
Description of Development To demolish 2 exterior pedways and construct exterior alterations to the existing buildings.
Address 10030 - 104 STREET NW

Address is ATCO Centre, but I believe this is for the Milner (one of the pedways connects the two; the other must be Milner - Standard Life).

Description: To construct interior/exterior alterations to a commercial Business And Personal Services use building. Demolish 2 exterior Pedways and construct exterior finishes and interior alterations to each existing building to turn back to base building.
Permit date: September 1, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Exterior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Office Buildings (520)
Address: 10035 - 105 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: CMU
Value: $490,459.00

The last tenants vacated in April, so turnover of those floors would have occurred in May. My understanding is the new owners were not open to any lease extensions at that time. Of course, COVID likely threw a wrench in plans that were on the table. Original indication was condos, so perhaps a change to rentals was/is in order.

Description: Construct HOARDING for Demolition of 2 Pedways and exterior finish work. (Permit expires December 20,2020)
Permit date: November 3, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Exterior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Hoarding (910)
Address: 10035 - 105 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: CMU
Value: $25,000.00

Unsure if and what may have happened, but there was a lot of moisture on the windows of the Milner when I walked by today.
They started removing the pedways according to a friend that works in ATCO. Also, the pipes seemingly burst every winter on the west face, so it could be that too. 😆

DSC_0008.JPG

Came across renders while doing some research on the building.

Milner-Building-1st-Image.png
Milner-Building-2nd-Image.png
Milner-Builidng-3rd-Image.jpg
Milner-Building-4th-Image.png

Last edited:
On the floor plans, the two large units by the elevator shaft have master bedrooms with no windows. Aren't there supposed to be two escape options (door and window) available for bedrooms in case of a fire?

Back