Manulife Place Renovations | 145.99m | 36s | AIMCo | MdeAS

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
it's not just private cars that need some consideration (and i would agree we need to revisit our priorities when it comes to transportation modes), it's taxis and uber and emergency service vehicles - fire and ambulance and police - and trades and deliveries that can't do what we need them to do without a functioning road network.

at the moment for example, i would hate to be a resident of the goodrich block or - hopefully one day soon - attending an event at the citadel waiting for an emt while the ambulance driver figures out that they can't actually get to where i am from where they are...

I don't think the city transportation department looks at it from the point of view of people using the roads, although having taken buses and being a pedestrian, I will say I don't think they serve transit riders and pedestrians better either.

I assume not much or enough thought it put into how things will be disrupted and the cumulative impact of multiple closures. For instance the area around Jasper Ave and 97 St is a major obstacle right now. Of course 102 Ave is also closed too and 103 Ave in front of city hall has been closed for a long time. It can lead to some very long, confusing and not well marked detours to get to certain places in that area. I am glad I don't have to go there often and sadly for the businesses in the area, I generally try to avoid it.

A couple people are reporting that. Curious if someone can confirm or deny.

Back