Iron Horse Line / Station Park | ?m | 6s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I thought the whole rationale for CP moving their marshaling yards south of the City was not to have two huge land assemblages serving one purpose but rather as a relocation of an existing facility much as CN did when it vacated its downtown yards many years ago. If CP is faltering in that purpose a progressive City would light a fire under them. The existing result is close to being classified as criminal.

I thought the whole rationale for CP moving their marshaling yards south of the City was not to have two huge land assemblages serving one purpose but rather as a relocation of an existing facility much as CN did when it vacated its downtown yards many years ago. If CP is faltering in that purpose a progressive City would light a fire under them. The existing result is close to being classified as criminal.

CN had a perfectly good alternative (Walker Yard). The problem is that CP never had that alternative, and still doesn't really.

Do you mean that they might add more tracks to their yard, or that they might throw more tracks back across 82nd Ave and continue north?

Just add yard tracks back in. I doubt CP would ever build tracks over Whyte Ave again. There was a rumour for a while that the Whitemud Drive intermodal yard would move operations to South Ed, as the intermodal yard is on land leased from the city. However, I believe CP renewed their lease and are keeping the intermodal operations there for now.

Just add yard tracks back in. I doubt CP would ever build tracks over Whyte Ave again. There was a rumour for a while that the Whitemud Drive intermodal yard would move operations to South Ed, as the intermodal yard is on land leased from the city. However, I believe CP renewed their lease and are keeping the intermodal operations there for now.
Ah ok, that makes sense. That's what I was thinking you meant, but the talk about preventing expansion along the ROW just made me a little uncertain lol

I'm curious if those plots will be required for future transportation realignment at some point- in particularly the free flow entrance into our downtown from the south ?
If a tunnel is ever required to connect Gateway to Walterdale Bridge (and that’s a big if), the tunnel could be bored with a tunnel boring machine, regardless of what’s developed on the land above it.

A little insight into Beljan Developments with Nathan Raju.

Last edited:
A little insight into Beljan Developments with Nathan Ragu.

Is Mr. Ragu the Italian Half-Brother of Mr. Raju?

Back