Iron Horse Line / Station Park | ?m | 6s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
IMG_3763.jpeg

Its amazing how some of you folks were saying that this street is not pedestrian friendly when we were debating about this project before it got off the ground. I think Beljan did a great job making it pedestrian friendly.
Truly a huge public service. Plus the city did improve the west side as well. For a major roadway, it’s about as good as can be.

I was there Wednesday night for dinner. I loved the space. I had a very tasty Korean chicken sandwich and honey fries. It wasn't very busy, unfortunately, but it was only Wednesday, I guess. Here's a few shots of the third floor.
View attachment 590920View attachment 590921View attachment 590922

I really hope they get good week round traffic. Definitely the challenge of a larger space like this. Needs more to feel not empty. Hopefully more density keeps coming to this area too.

Its amazing how some of you folks were saying that this street is not pedestrian friendly when we were debating about this project before it got off the ground. I think Beljan did a great job making it pedestrian friendly.
I did walk along it recently and I agree they did a good job. However, I think it might also help to put some planters or something closer to the road to provide more of a buffer.

Majority of that discussion was surrounding the Iron Horse Line still to be done south of MKT, which only just saw major improvement to the pedestrian experience after the 2022/23 renewal. Prior to that, there wasn't even a contiguous sidewalk from Whyte along the east side of Gateway... definitely nice to see major improvements to this stretch come to fruition.

Its amazing how some of you folks were saying that this street is not pedestrian friendly when we were debating about this project before it got off the ground. I think Beljan did a great job making it pedestrian friend
Add some street planters to shield pedestrians from the traffic. Plant some blood red geraniums in them to accentuate the black siding and the female crowd will be in awe.

Back