7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Int'l Film Festival 2023

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score

The 37th Edmonton International Film Festival arrives Sept. 21-Oct. 1!​

EIFF season is almost upon us once again! With incredible short films, eye-opening Q&As, and exclusive Gala events, the Edmonton International Film Festival is more exciting than ever! And with FOUR venues to choose from, It's A Marathon!

This year, we're excited to announce that we're screening at the LEDCOR Theatre at the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Muttart Theatre at the Stanley A. Milner Library, Metro Cinema at the renowned Garneau Theatre, and the Telus World of Science's massive IMAX screen.

As an early treat for you, our incredible audience, we're announcing our Shorts (including LUNCHBOX!), our Opening and Closing Night Galas, and a selection of our Q&A screenings– along with our Tickets and All-Access Passes!

Opening and Closing Night Gala + After-Party tickets are available now for $40! Quantities are very limited, so secure your ticket today! Party details are still being ironed out, but you don't want to miss these HOT ticket events!

6-pack tickets are available now for $75! Get six admissions for the price of five, valid for all screenings except LUNCHBOX Shorts and Gala After-Party.

Finally, our All-Access Pass returns! $199 for one admission to every screening, including LUNCHBOX Shorts and all Gala events!

Tickets and Passes are available now at

https://eiff2023.eventive.org/welcome

9ebda126-c7ab-3900-022e-92f358faded0.jpg

Given the state of the mall and awkward spaces for some of the pre/post-show antics, this is not a bad move, but with any change I wonder how it will be received.

The multi-venue idea has its pros and cons for sure, but I do like showing off the AGA and Milner to new audiences. Once again, I am surprised that the RAM seems to be left in the dark, be it on their own accord or otherwise.

Garneau makes a lot of sense to engage the University of Alberta crowd, 'south-siders' and expand it to impact its perception and physical awareness.

The bigger issue and elephant in the room is to get audiences back outside of opening/closing nights and lunchbox shorts.

I think the RAM is a provincial institution whereas the AGA, Milner Library, Garneau and Telus IMAX are not.
Using those 4 theatres can give the film fest a chance to grow and expand. It feels stymied by ECC, and their dumbass security arrangements don't help at all.

I just hope that more of a 'festival' atmosphere can be developed for the last few years (excluding COVID too) was very lacklustre. We were regulars, often with passes and found ourselves coming out of screenings wondering where the evening's apres event/party/coffee/cocktail was.

A few times we literally had to drag producers, writers, actors and directors from other countries around with us to 'cool places' as they were not provided that.

I kind of like having it at theatres in different parts of the city. It has the potential to make it feel more like a city wide event, but no doubt it will be logistically challenging.

Garneau makes a lot of sense to engage the University of Alberta crowd, 'south-siders' and expand it to impact its perception and physical awareness.
It's not unprecedented either. EIFF used to run out of the Garneau, at least 15-20-ish years ago iirc.

Our entire 2023 Schedule has been announced!
Welcome back EIFF-lovers! Our festival dates draw ever nearer, and our team is so excited to bring you the best in short and feature-length cinema! This September 21 to October 1, we have over 25 feature films and 70 short films to keep you in the theatre with a fresh-popped bag of popcorn!

There are some MASSIVE titles this year; from Palme d'or 2023 Winner ANATOMY OF A FALL, to Michel Gondry's THE BOOK OF SOLUTIONS, to the uproarious (and Canadian!) SUZE, through the horrors of South Korean sensation SLEEP, and all the way to Elliott Page's first leading role in six years: CLOSE TO YOU.

Want even more details? Visit our Eventive, where you'll find our schedule, passes, and all the information you'll need to make this EIFF your best EIFF yet!

Passes are on sale now! Our Opening and Closing Night Galas are selling quick, and you won't want to miss them!

LUNCHBOX SHORTS ARE STILL DOWNTOWN!
The Muttart Theatre is located INSIDE the Stanley Milner Library (The one at Churchill Square)

Prices have gone up to $20 as food costs continue to rise. We know. Inflation sucks, but unfortunately it affects us too.

REMINDER!

The 37th EIFF is coming tomorrow, and we're so excited! Another year of amazing films, eye-opening Q&As, and stunning Galas and after-parties!

Tickets are still on sale, and are moving quickly! LUNCHBOX and both Opening and Closing Night Gala tickets are moving fast, don't miss out! Purchase your tickets on Eventive today (no door sales available for EIFF '23 events)

Shorts are kicking off strong starting this Friday! Join us this weekend starting Friday at the Muttart Theatre at the Stanley A Milner Library and the LEDCOR Theatre at the Art Gallery of Alberta for our STUDIO A and SHORT STOP short film programmes! ALL Studio A programs have guests attending for Q&As, so make sure you pick up your tickets today and get a closer look at Albertan cinema!

Has anyone taken anything in? I was Downtown all weekend and honestly did not see a single thing indicating that it was on or around.

Back