News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

I do like Seattle, I also wonder how many also connect through SFO. It's not so bad transiting through the US when you already pre-clear before taking off anyways. Looks like the AC flight is timed decently to connect to UA flights to either NRT or HND. No shortage of options for sure.

Don't really care about these stupid "which airport is better" arguments. Fact of the matter is that I don't connect in Calgary if I have any other choice.

If I still lived in YEG, I wouldn't connect at YYC either. It's a garbage airport for transiting and a terribly managed airport overall. No sarcasm.... it sucks.

I do like Seattle, I also wonder how many also connect through SFO.
There's a reason AC's YEG-SFO flight is doing so well...

It's roughly carrying the ratio of Asia cnx that UA's YEG-SFO used to carry. Good stuff for AC there for sure. Horizon is mostly connecting to Cali and the rest of the southwest.

You still here trolling? Get some help to get over your Calgary + WS psychosis.

YVR has the vast majority of Edmonton traffic now to all points in Asia - with SEA providing an excellent option. That will not change.

"If you live in YEG, you have to connect somewhere to fly to Asia. The number one gateway for this purpose is currently YVR, and this will remain the case probably forever."

Try to read before crying over every post I make instead of re-stating what I said and then telling me I'm trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't really care about these stupid "which airport is better" arguments. Fact of the matter is that I don't connect in Calgary if I have any other choice. If they can support a Narita flight that is great, but it's inconvenient for me to fly "almost" home.

Westjet can attempt a hub and spoke model, but I don't have to buy those tickets. Simple.

This guy's spitting facts. I don't want to experience a multi-hour layover just to board a 40-minute flight on my way home. Hence I'd much rather connect through the US west coast or Amsterdam (or Frankfurt once we get that route).

Interesting article on Bonza Airlines startup in Australia. It is an ULCC with some rather innovate ideas on creating efficiency in the drive to low costs, below are a few being implemented.
1. No food carts in the aisles, food and beverage order by app on board and delivered to the seat.
2. Flights may only be booked on the phone apps - they will not provide booking on-line but will allow some select travel agents to book.
3. Tickets for as low as AU $50 ($35) for flights around an hour in duration or between AU $75-100 ($53-71) for anything longer.
More interesting is that Flair's US backer 777 Partners owns this new startup.

"The aircraft are leased from Bonza's majority shareholder, 777 Partners, who placed an order for 24 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft in March 2021 – some of which will also be allocated to Canadian-based Flair Airlines, in which 777 Partners holds a stake.[13] 777 Partners, in December 2021, also confirmed an order with Boeing to take 30 high capacity Boeing 737 MAX 200 aircraft. The delivery timeline for those planes starts in 2024. Bonza CEO Tim Jordan says the 197 seat aircraft are definitely on Bonza's long-term radar.[14]"

Whos would've thought the golden era of flying from YEG was SEA 3x daily, MSP 2x daily, ORD 1x/2x daily, IAH 1x daily and DFW 1x daily.

Definitely missing most of these....
1675187694507.png

I haven't heard about whatever you're talking about... I don't think WS expects to be drawing any significant number of pax to be flying YVR-YYC-NRT. YLW-YYC-NRT would be one stop...? You'll have to clarify your point because I'm confused. As for the disbelief that YYC-NRT could possibly be successful - remember that AC operated a YYC-NRT flight that had almost no through passengers from YYZ. WS being able to fill YYC-NRT at only 3x weekly shouldn't be that crazy of an idea... it's still less weekly seats than the Air Canada flight that ran at about 80-90% LF pre-covid. Whereas YVR is the number one originator for WS' Europe flights from YYC, I think I said earlier in here that YEG will likely be #1 for NRT.

Strong originating numbers from YEG on the YYC-NRT flight are a strong point on YEG's résumé for ever getting an Asia flight... I'm not sure I fully understand your wish for it to fail. There is a recurring theme in this thread for an overwhelming desire for YYC to collapse even if it's to the detriment of YEG, so I shouldn't fully be surprised.

There last 2 sentences in the article below,has what WestJet is trying to do to attract connecting passengers for its Tokyo Japan 🇯🇵 3x weekly flights ✈️Spring/Summer 2023.

Last edited:
According to their actual press conference today, there will be an upcoming route announcement this month. They did not indicate what or where it may be but said there will be an announcement this month.

Reactions: Ned
I am guessing it's likely Porter or Westjet but I will guess that route announcement is Porter to YOW.

Back