News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

WJ introducing AMS from YYC... alongside KLM's existing.

So in the return to travel YYC now has announced AC and LH to FRA, WS and AC to London, and KLM and WS to AMS, among others. And YEG has......splitting AMS with YYC on KLM? Yikes I hope that YEG fund initiative and other strategic initiatives kick in soon for YEG because we are getting left in the regional airport dust real quick.

Side note, interesting to once again see the Minister of Jobs propping up anything Calgary. Between this, his chairing of the Calgary downtown business panel, and his/government's announcements on every new business relocation to Calgary recently this government is doing anything and everything in its power to bring Calgary from the depths of unemployment and COVID to ensure the lead of its resurgence as a post-COVID powerhouse.

Calgary always booms and busts and busts and booms an order of magnitude more than us.
Yes, IanO, this is often the history and the diagnosis. I, like many here, and more than likely yourself, want to know how this will change and want to see this change for the positive though. The "this is how it has always been" does not reflect how it will or could be and at what resolution. We want to see better for Edmonton and change for Edmonton. So how will this change so that Edmonton is more successful in landing even some of these routes? That's what I would like to see, not more of this is how its been before.

More from YYC for comparison
---
WS filed its July 5-August 4 schedule and its a pretty aggressive increase in international flying, particularly from YYC where they jump from 3 non-stops to 8 outside of Canada.

YYC-LGW 2x weekly
YYC-CUN 1x weekly
YYC-PVR 1x weekly
YYC-LAX 3x weekly
YYC-LAS 3x weekly
YYC-PHX 2x weekly
YYC-ATL 2x weekly
YYC-PSP 2x weekly

Back