ICE District Block IJ | ?m | ?s | ICE District Prop. | Next Architecture

I think this a brilliant move by Katz & Co. -- creates wonderment at street level; provides another downtown venue for music and performance; a site specific testing ground to establish parameters for the future square/plaza planned for Phase 2; another revenue source for the ICE District; encourages more Retail, Office and Residential development participation in the downtown core. The lessons were there to learn from the Ghermezians and WEM -- good that ICE was paying attention. Qualico might learn from this as well. Positive results all around.

Sustainival got fairly busy this evening. It was pretty enjoyable overall and not too pricey, I would recommend it. A day pass online was $40.

Pic was taken right at opening time:

Attachments

• PXL_20230609_184038657.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230609_184038657.MP.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20230609_184038657.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230609_184038657.MP.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 39
They are making quite an effort to use what would otherwise likely be a totally empty space here, so I appreciate that and commend them for it.

I wish other downtown property owners would make as much effort.

They are making quite an effort to use what would otherwise likely be a totally empty space here, so I appreciate that and commend them for it.

I wish other downtown property owners would make as much effort.

Sure, but from the looks of it, that experience is pretty subpar.

Efforts should be rewarded, but so too minimum bars.

Pretty small amount of seating (unless more has yet to be added). Me and my SO are looking at attending, but not sure how much of an atmosphere there will be... Hopefully there will be some food & drink options
More will be added, tomorrow is the first day and they’ve been setting up more throughout the day after I took the photo.

Back