What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Hey God, it's me, the Quarters again, asking for a miracle....

I walked by the area yesterday and there was a couple guys cleaning off graffiti on the hotel. I so wish some sort of business even a small office could move into at least one of the CRU's, I think it would make such a difference. Even some temporary offices for non profits just to get more eyes on the street so to speak. Also a I said on a previous post, it will help alot once the construction fences are gone and 96st across the tracks is fully open again. With minimal pedestrian traffic and no vehicular traffic that area is far more susceptible for problems.

CF17D270-3938-475F-8688-4B36D5E93461.jpeg
BC1159B9-626A-4D57-A01D-75CEE146919D.jpeg

Last edited:
I have indeed! But it irks the crap out of me when I see this…..I’m glad you’re immune but I’m not.

This is a perfect example of something 'eyes on the street' woudl help prevent. There are few people walking along that stretch of 96 Street other than those that live outside and/or cause the vandalism. There needs to be a reason to have people visit throughout the day or else things won't get better.

I suspect this will get cleaned up sooner or later, but yes you have to pay close attention to the outside of your property as well as the inside, particularly in an area like this.

On a related note, my personal pet peeve is a nice hotel down the street from me downtown, which had at one time a great garden that has devolved into a weed pit this year.

I have noticed over the years, there is an odd Edmonton tendency to pay great attention to the inside but ignore the outside of properties which seems different from other places.

I suspect this will get cleaned up sooner or later, but yes you have to pay close attention to the outside of your property as well as the inside, particularly in an area like this.

On a related note, my personal pet peeve is a nice hotel down the street from me downtown, which had at one time a great garden that has devolved into a weed pit this year.

I have noticed over the years, there is an odd Edmonton tendency to pay great attention to the inside but ignore the outside of properties which seems different from other places.
Is that the Mac's outdoor area that you speak of? Can't really think of any other hotels Downtown with large outdoor garden areas.

Back