HSBC Bank Place Revitalization | 74m | 18s | AIMCo | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It does look pretty cool, but with all such electronic art unfortunately it won't be long before they stop working and then they'll just be some boxes on the ceiling. Remember when they used to tell us that LEDs would last for 25 years? That was obviously just a guess, but that turned out to be very incorrect. :confused:

For anyone interested, the digital art display is called "Prisms" by ESI Design of New York. This is their first project in Edmonton.

So did ESI Design specifically choose Edmonton to be the locale of this project, or did the building owner purchase rights to this display during redevelopment planning?

IMG_6967.JPG

Man, I still love that parkade so much. I really really hope it sets a precedent for some of the other concrete parking structures we have downtown if they decide to re-do them.
Put a ring on it if you love it so much! 🤣

Kidding aside, it does look great. Is that the parkade with the big spiral in the centre? Lots of photos get taken there...it's a sort of unofficial landmark for the city.

20201230_065225.jpg

Loved the light this added to the street. Overall (i just moved back to edmonton from Toronto after 2 years), I really feel like downtown has gotten brighter. I especially appreciated all the lights on different trees and streets and the new buildings adding street lighting. Do most of these lights stay up all winter, or just Christmas?

I wonder what it would look like for the city to move away from bright white LEDs and have more soft yellow LEDs that resemble classic Edison bulbs and incandescents. Then they could be year round and less christmasy. Might add some class.

Jeezus that street looks really cold and dead. It needs something new where that parking garage is.

Back