Hat at Five Corners | ?m | 24s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Flipping through the Calgary forum, I can't help but notice the similarities between this project and this one going up in Calgary's East Village:
https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/database/projects/hat

It's even got the same public art feature out front:

17623-100793.jpg

18082-60503.jpeg

I'm guessing that's just a placeholder.

Nothing we didn't already know really, but the CBC published a story about the property this morning:

Calgary firm buys abandoned construction site in The Quarters downtown

A gaping hole in the ground at the corner of 95th Street and Jasper Avenue in downtown Edmonton has been sold.

Calgary-based Cidex Group has purchased the property, Bartosz Jarocki, supervisor of property sales with the City of Edmonton, said Tuesday.

Two marquee residential towers had been planned for the site but the developer pulled out after failing to meet conditions before a deadline in 2015.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...-quarters-development-cidex-1.4401757?cmp=rss

Yeah, I was doing my daily headline dig and thought I had unearthed an article from earlier in the year. Nope, published today!

Apparently this one will be starting imminently, and has a new name: HAT at Five Corners

PERMIT_DATE December 06, 2017
PERMIT_NUMBER 257539787-011
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 9438 - JASPER AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD BOYLE STREET
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct FOOTINGS AND FOUNDATIONS ONLY (3 level underground parkade) for a future multi-use high rise building - HAT at Five Corners.
BUILDING_TYPE Engineering Parkade (490)
WORK_TYPE (04) Footing & Foundation
FLOOR_AREA
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 8,000,000
ZONING DC1

Highrise construction on abandoned downtown site to begin in January

corner-tower.jpg

It will take about 18 months to complete the building, with a target of mid-2019 for the opening. (Min Dhariwal/CBC)

A 24-storey apartment building will begin to rise out of the gaping hole in the ground at the corner of 95th Street and Jasper Avenue in downtown Edmonton in January.

"I think that hole has sat open with a lot of questions and we're excited to bring it out of the ground," said Sarah Itani, business development manager with Cidex.

This is the first project in Edmonton for the Calgary-based company, which developed Giroux Estates in St. Albert and several developments in Calgary and its surrounding communities.

Cidex develops residential and mixed-use buildings, including highrise apartments.

The building planned for Edmonton will contain 199 rental units, including studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments, Itani said Wednesday.

There will be the potential for retail on the ground level, with parking underground, she added.

Construction will begin in January, with "activity on site" becoming obvious the first week after the holidays, she said.

It will take about 18 months to complete the building, with a target of mid-2019 for the opening.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...calgary-cidex-apartment-hole-jasper-1.4459182

Back