Hat at Five Corners | ?m | 24s | Cidex Group

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I'm really wondering if there is any rumours regarding the main floor tenants?
Bumping this comment as I am also curious. Right now I can't imagine it'd be easy to find willing tenants.

As I see it, the place has three things going for it:
  1. VERY hard to beat vehicle traffic, especially from people heading in and out of downtown
  2. Proximity to east DT--if you're in Canada Place or Century Place, it's a two block walk down 102 ave
  3. The Moth across the road--something complementary could create a cute little granola node
So given that I can't wait for a 711 to move into the prime corner space

Also, have they done anything in conjunction with the City to improve the sidewalks around it?

Because I would also like the record to state that unfortunately this property has some of the worst sidewalk available in Edmonton. Very narrow, no buffer from the aforementioned heavy vehicle traffic and a super shallow curb. It's about as unpleasant to traverse as it gets for pedestrian traffic.

1606750641939.png

*vomits*

One would think there could be something done here to have that process more integrated with development but that is far beyond my scope of knowledge to comment on.

When Langham spent 100mil or so building Icon I and II, part of the DP/BP should have required the lane to be done... it was horrific and eventually was repaved at a cost to the new residents...

The residents pay for the sidewalks and new laneways one way or another regardless of whether the developer foots the bill, the condo corp or the city

Back