Harvest | ?m | 1s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is a very good concept design. I agree with the comments about the issue of the sidewalk being narrow. I am sure whether the 2 smaller buildings can be pushed back? It's not likely there will be support to reduce a lane of traffic - 109 is an important artery.

Maybe not eliminate a lane, but they could perhaps reduce the size of each lane a bit to create extra room for wider sidewalks.

Let's put a giant neon tractor on the rooftop with flashing arrows to safely guide pedestrians to the entrance (the zebra's influence cannot stretch that far across downtown).

In all seriousness though, glad they dropped "tractor" from the name itself, otherwise we'd never escape the small-town mentality some folks are desperately clinging to in this city.

Maybe not eliminate a lane, but they could perhaps reduce the size of each lane a bit to create extra room for wider sidewalks.

The lane width on 109 Street is already pretty narrow. But through this area the curb lane is used for parking off peak, and even during peak periods the third lane isn’t used much. I’m sure reducing a lane from each direction would not affect traffic flow that much.

We agree that 109 Street is too wide. Street parking is permitted on a portion of the street adjacent to the building, but it is restricted during peak hours. We'd like to see this changed to allow permanent parking along the entire stretch of 109 Street from 103 to 104 Avenue.

Description: To construct an addition and to change the Use of an existing Professional, Financial, and Office Support Services Use building to (1) Personal Service Shop; (7) General Retail Stores; (1) Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries (66 m2 of Public Space with 55 seats); (2) Restaurants (23.3 m2 of Public Space with 20 seats and 68.3 m2 of Public Space with 57 seats); (4) Restaurants with a shared communal 95.5 m2 of Public Space with 80 seats; (3) Specialty Food Services (29.8 m2 of Public Space with 25 seats, 36.8 m2 of Public Space with 33 seats and 24 m2 of Public Space with 20 seats); and (1) Bar and Neighbourhood Pub (69.2 m2 of Public Space with 68 seats); and to continue a portion of the building as Professional, Financial and Office Support Services; and to construct exterior and interior alterations; and to remove the existing surface parking lot including the vehicular parking spaces, drive aisle, access and landscaping abutting the street to accommodate the new addition. (Harvest)
Permit date: August 21, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 101, 10315 - 109 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: UW

i would be happy if beljan just took over most new developments in mature neighbourhoods, particularly on main streets. i haven't come across a design of theirs that i didn't think was well put together in terms of scale and enhancing/maintaining walkability while also adding interesting architecture and design to the city's often mediocre design palette. imagine what they could've done at manchester square, for example.

Back