Hello:

GRANDIN1.png

GRANDIN2.png

C.1 Grandin Two (Development Permit)
David Sanche - Westrich

Motion of support with conditions
The Committee has the following concerns which should be considered by the
Applicant:
● The location of the children’s play area is problematic - from the perspective of
both security (ie. adjacent to alley) and nuisance (ie. noise from emergency
generator room).
● The location and configuration of the outdoor amenity area creating a space
with little sun exposure.
● The entry plaza is not of a scale or character appropriate for a residential
development; the space could benefit from a better balance between hard and
soft landscaping to reduce the scale of the plaza.
● The building entrance is poorly located with little architectural definition and
lacks a clear connection to and integration with adjacent hardscape areas (eg.
sidewalk, entry plaza).

CARRIED

So after The View, what is the next Grandin project of theirs likely to begin - this one, the six-story one beside it or the one a couple blocks east where the General Apartment is?

Or will Westrich move to a downtown project next?

So after The View, what is the next Grandin project of theirs likely to begin - this one, the six-story one beside it or the one a couple blocks east where the General Apartment is?

Or will Westrich move to a downtown project next?
As much as I love seeing Grandin densify and all, I think I speak for the most of us when I say that I hope Westrich moves to a big downtown project before.

As much as I love seeing Grandin densify and all, I think I speak for the most of us when I say that I hope Westrich moves to a big downtown project before.

Edgar indicated at a presentation a couple months ago that they would be focusing on their Whyte Ave & 124th Street area properties before moving forward with their proposed downtown projects.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of love/confidence right now from developers in downtown proper. Must be seeing less risk & higher returns in the mature neighborhoods just outside the core.

Grandin badly needs a coffee shop. 109 and jasper are both close, but would be amazing to see some more ground floor retail happen soon.

Tons of density coming soon! Really loved living there. Grandin is such a convenient stop to be close to also.

Zuppa Cafe on 110/99ave works for most folks, but their coffee is just ok.

There is a little cafe/shop in the Ledgeview building, but fairly pedestrian in offerings as well.

Thankfully, Grandma's pizza is nearby for solid/inexpensive za.

What I would love to see is one of the older houses turned into a rest/cafe like you would see in the Annex in Tor.

Back