Grandin Tower 2 | 113.99m | 36s | Westrich Pacific | Chris Dikeakos

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Edgar indicated at a presentation a couple months ago that they would be focusing on their Whyte Ave & 124th Street area properties before moving forward with their proposed downtown projects.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of love/confidence right now from developers in downtown proper. Must be seeing less risk & higher returns in the mature neighborhoods just outside the core.

That's unfortunate for downtown. Wasn't Edgar going to be doing the 108 street project?

So nothing since this video from Jan 2020? Or has this been downsized to the "short and stubby" evil twin of it's original?
This game of bait and switch is tiresome. This game playing costs the buyers money and developer is in a cycle to hell.

OR... maybe they have a shit ton on the go, are expanding east/westward and have shifted priorities. They remain one of the most active multi-fam developers in town and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

Relax.

This game of bait and switch is tiresome. This game playing costs the buyers money and developer is in a cycle to hell.
Honestly hard to quantify this as bait and switch. Westrich has a good track record of building thus far, and if January 2020 was the last update, it's reasonable to assume that COVID realigned priorities.

Probably more likely the lack of demand for retail on that strip when both Jasper Ave and 109th are blocks away.

I would take townhouses over forever empty CRUs all day, and this is coming from someone who would love more residential neighbourhood level micro retail.

Probably more likely the lack of demand for retail on that strip when both Jasper Ave and 109th are blocks away.

I would take townhouses over forever empty CRUs all day, and this is coming from someone who would love more residential neighbourhood level micro retail.
Agree 100%. Still, I'd have loved to see something like OpenSky with a single one for a cute coffee shop or something.

The few CRUs that are in Grandin seem to be doing well, too. There's a few along 110st south of 100 Ave and the new Stop Gap coffee place on 111st near 98Ave is quite busy.

Back