News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Future Skylines

@cpnfantstk @MichaelC I'm using the Pro version of Sketchup on a free trial. The current free version is the in-browser one, which works ok:
https://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-free

Sketchup Make is the older, no-longer-supported free version.

I taught myself by just goofing around with it, and reading a couple of tutorials online.

Century Park - based on approved zoning, may not reflect actual plans.

upload_2018-10-30_10-47-47.png

upload_2018-10-30_10-52-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-30_10-47-47.png
    upload_2018-10-30_10-47-47.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,614
  • upload_2018-10-30_10-52-43.png
    upload_2018-10-30_10-52-43.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,561
Had to redo the models in an older version of Sketchup because the pro version is too expensive. Was a good opportunity to not only add the newest proposals, but also I made a bit of an effort to model approximate podiums as well. I've only managed to redo downtown & Oliver so far.
1550089679982.png

1550089454504.png
1550089551739.png

1550089774055.png

Look at that Jasper Ave street wall in the makings, book-ended on the Eastern view by Alldritt, egad! (Or is that Great Gulf?

Is Symphony, Augustana, missing in that Saskatchewan Dr. view?
Where's Waldo, lol.

Edit, I think I see Augustana...

Last edited:
I must say that I still have trouble believing that Edmonton could actually potentially look like this, like a real big city. Honestly, I think that Edmonton really is going to become the "capital" of the prairies in the near future, as along with these new buildings large investments in infrastructure, technology, and tourism are being made at this moment. On top of that, these investments will also encourage growth in the are of head offices and corporations, which will definitely move Edmonton higher up in the global economic ranking. Like I have had before, I see a very bright future ahead for our city and I am prouder than ever to call myself an Edmontonian.

We need to come up with a kitschy, catchy name for this area (not Grandin and not Oliver) -- let's have a gentleman's competition. My submissions are JasWes (mashup of Jasper West) and Grolli (Mashup of Grandin and Oliver).

This is unrelated to this particular thread or perhaps any and sorry for making an isolated comment. I just noticed when i hovered my mouse over my picture and that of archited's there is a "messages" count, a "reaction score" and a "points" count. What are these "Points" all about?

This is unrelated to this particular thread or perhaps any and sorry for making an isolated comment. I just noticed when i hovered my mouse over my picture and that of archited's there is a "messages" count, a "reaction score" and a "points" count. What are these "Points" all about?
We all have zero, so I guess we are all losing or winning depending on your life outlook.

Back