Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Reference ID: Job No 326906292-013
Description: To construct interior / exterior alterations (reducing the # of Storeys from 38 to 29, reducing the # of Dwellings from 304 to 240, and reducing the # of underground parking levels from 7 to 5) to an Apartment House / General Retail Store building (Falcon Tower One)
Plan NB Blk 3 Lot 69
Applicant: ARC STUDIO
Create Date: 1/14/2021 3:45:28 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
How it looks with the revised height and unit count:

382953076 1-18-2021 10-41-18 AM.png

I wonder if this will help kick this project:

Sad that there's a height reduction, but I'm never a fan of Langham design/choice of materials anyways. So that might be a good thing if it's going to be that tall with a mediocre design. To me at least.
I really like this idea.

One of the best things our government can do coming out of this pandemic is spend wisely on infrastructure. Or to provide incentives like this to spur it on. Labor is cheaper when more people are unemployed. Crime is lower when you avoid a recession, I.e. cheaper.

Accross the country we should be investing in infrastructure right now. Not to mention the benefits of disruptive construction during a time when roads are less busy.

I hope the city goes faster with valley west the next few years because of this!

How it looks with the revised height and unit count:

View attachment 294896
I hope this change helps move things ahead. Filling in some of these parking lots would really help improve the area.

I also wonder if the new proposed city grant program has projects like this in mind. It is a good idea and I do hope it helps spur things along as intended.

Description: To construct interior / exterior alterations (reducing the # of Storeys from 38 to 29, reducing the # of Dwellings from 304 to 240, and reducing the # of underground parking levels from 7 to 5) to an Apartment House / General Retail Store building (Falcon Tower One)
Permit date: February 9, 2021
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 10023 - 104 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: DC2,DC2,DC2

Back