Encore Tower | 138m | 43s | Westrich Pacific | Dub Architects

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Podium looks good, now they just need to start filling those CRU's.

Agreed. I thought Westrich did a pretty good job with the Ultima podium, but this one is a step up in my opinion. Good looking and appropriate materials, a scale that pretty much matches Beaver house, Morris Lofts and the rest of the buildings on the street, and good street interface with the CRUs. Podiums aren't that complicated, but developers/designers seem to struggle big time with them in this city.

Langham developments could learn a thing (or 10) from this podium - Imagine if that abomination at the base of the Fox Towers was a bit more like this.

Agreed. I thought Westrich did a pretty good job with the Ultima podium, but this one is a step up in my opinion. Good looking and appropriate materials, a scale that pretty much matches Beaver house, Morris Lofts and the rest of the buildings on the street, and good street interface with the CRUs. Podiums aren't that complicated, but developers/designers seem to struggle big time with them in this city.

Langham developments could learn a thing (or 10) from this podium - Imagine if that abomination at the base of the Fox Towers was a bit more like this.

The problem with the UItima podium is the inlet between the two CRU's, the less fortunate like to setup camp there and air out their belongings.

Last edited:
The problem with the UItima podium is the inlet between the two CRU's, the less fortunate like to setup camp there and air out their belongings.

That is unfortunate, but hopefully people don't take that as a reason to build public/private interfaces that aim to discourage people from gathering. That will just create a streetscape that's harsh and unpleasant for everyone.

We need stronger action from the City/Province to combat homelessness. Architecture should not be the tool to combat homelessness.

^^^^ There are quite a number of them mentioned on this forum -- you just have to dig a little to find them. These guys have a lot of faith in the Edmonton market.

'The View' in Grandin is currently under construction, so that is likely their focus until it's nearly finished. They have another tower in Grandin that is in the works as well.

And thats basically what I was wondering. So essentially 3 larger projects on the go another hopefully coming online soon.
Do they have any other potential downtown core properties in the works?

Back