News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Corporate Development & Attraction

While looking through the City of Edmonton's Agencies, Boards, Committees and Commissions Recruitment page, they have a number of postings across several boards and advisory committees; however, I noticed among all the boards and committees there is no business advisory committee. I recognize we have the DBA, the Chamber of Commerce, Edmonton Global, but the city does not have its own committee to advise on business matters, red tape, issues in the small business community, recruitment of companies to Edmonton, etc.

Anyone know why?
Anyone know how to even propose something like this?

I feel like this is a big miss on the city's part not having a direct advisory link into the business community but is also not at all shocking to me.

The list of advisory boards and committees are here:

While looking through the City of Edmonton's Agencies, Boards, Committees and Commissions Recruitment page, they have a number of postings across several boards and advisory committees; however, I noticed among all the boards and committees there is no business advisory committee. I recognize we have the DBA, the Chamber of Commerce, Edmonton Global, but the city does not have its own committee to advise on business matters, red tape, issues in the small business community, recruitment of companies to Edmonton, etc.

Anyone know why?
Anyone know how to even propose something like this?

I feel like this is a big miss on the city's part not having a direct advisory link into the business community but is also not at all shocking to me.

The list of advisory boards and committees are here:

A new Advisory Committee would have to be created by Council so the best way to let them know is to write to your Councillor or all of Council.

FmYVS35aYAAcFD9

FmYYUpFaAAAyLey

Why go there when you can experience the Mayan Riviera that is WEM?

Last edited:
I believe the year over year change '22 to '23 is a "to date" measure, not a forecast for the whole of '23. I expect that Edmonton's GDP will rise accordingly. I believe that '23 will be a stronger year than '22.

Back