Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

D8dYcmO.gif

Yes, it corresponds the economic cycles. I remember in the late 70's and early 80's and there was so much construction happening seemingly everywhere downtown, then after that for around a decade almost nothing.

The last couple decades have been a bit steadier than that, but we still have cycles. Maybe some places don't have the ups and downs as much - Winnipeg, Halifax or Vancouver come to mind, but most places have some sort of cycle though it may be different than ours.
Hell, was there even a building taller than 10 storeys built in Edmonton from the mid 90s to mid 00s.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Ahhh yes Lenin, well known figure in the urban planning and development sphere 😙

Hell, was there even a building taller than 10 storeys built in Edmonton from the mid 90s to mid 00s.
I think there were some residential buildings over 10 storeys during that time, but I don't remember exactly what. The period from the mid 80's to the early 90's was even bleaker, so we are making progress now.

Don't let the fact that I have lived in a truck for several years during the recession fool you Glenny, I'm quite high brow!

I drink tea and shit.
A word to the wise when joking around.
“Many a true word is spoken in jest.”

Back