Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This one was taken from the top floor of the HSBC parkade on 102St/103Ave, late March of 2014.
Arena site from SE.jpg

I've posted this one before but this is the arena site from the old 105 street overpass taken in the fall of 1992 (ish).
Arena site 1990s.jpg

That pic from March 2014 is crazy… because for whatever reason, 2014 really does not feel all that long ago.

Edmonton seems to do things in starts and stops. I remember when EC was built and the amount of construction going on at the time. Then nothing for about 10 years then boom another bout of construction then nothing and then we get Ice District. And now after a few years we are getting a lot of residential towers.

Edmonton seems to do things in starts and stops. I remember when EC was built and the amount of construction going on at the time. Then nothing for about 10 years then boom another bout of construction then nothing and then we get Ice District. And now after a few years we are getting a lot of residential towers.
Yes, it corresponds the economic cycles. I remember in the late 70's and early 80's and there was so much construction happening seemingly everywhere downtown, then after that for around a decade almost nothing.

The last couple decades have been a bit steadier than that, but we still have cycles. Maybe some places don't have the ups and downs as much - Winnipeg, Halifax or Vancouver come to mind, but most places have some sort of cycle though it may be different than ours.

Back