Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I do still think that it was a missed opportunity for our city not to have some sort of public access to view on the top floor of the Stantec Tower. Maybe a restaurant something, like in the CN Tower, or in some other such places.

I recall you could go to the top floor of the Telus (then AGT) Tower a number of years ago. The plaza will be nice, but I think a bit more have been done to enhance the development.

Unfortunately, our city does not give enough thought about developing things like this for tourist opportunities and for the benefit of those who live here too.

100% concur.

It would have been a major destination, drove a bunch of people to the area and been an incredible event space for dignitaries and conferences.
Might not have been economical. I’m sure the idea was investigated. It would be great yeah, but not if tickets to get up there were like a hundred dollars or something.

An observation deck in one of those new towers would have been amazing. We already have La Ronde in the Chateau Lacombe, and it revolves at that. An observation deck would provide an accessible viewing space for tourists and residents alike (because not everyone can afford to eat at La Ronde, but it's not like we'd see something generic like a Keg up there), and also allow for a more efficient rotation of people so that more visitors can enjoy the view every day.

Also keep in mind that the penthouse (Correction - JW) was originally going to be for the Katz Family and I'd bet that they did not want folks above them milling around... but now that it has been split in half, perhaps there is still hope?

There are also security considerations these days for corporate HQs that might prevent some of this.

Last edited:
At this point I think a missed opportunity. I know there were a lot of reasons why it didn't happen - there are always reasons, but I think it is unfortunate more effort was not made on this by everyone involved.

Other cities look at tourism and development more broadly, we continue to take a narrow view and then wonder why things are where they are. So, a tower half the height built in the 1960's remains the main way to see our skyline.

Also keep in mind that the penthouse was originally going to be for the Katz Family and I'd bet that they did not want folks above them milling around... but now that it has been split in half, perhaps there is still hope?

There are also security considerations these days for corporate HQs that might prevent some of this.
I thought Katz owned the pent house in Legends that was split in half?

A bit surprised these footings weren’t installed and prepared when the initial pour was completed 2 years ago.
95491334-FAB1-45E5-BAA9-88D525567536.jpeg
1CC3B47B-B20C-4D3F-ACD6-0945DF492A83.jpeg

Eshhh...that plaza looks cold, sterile, and uninviting. Way too much concrete, not enough trees, and I think all the towers around it make it feel closed in and dark.

A bit surprised these footings weren’t installed and prepared when the initial pour was completed 2 years ago.View attachment 314408View attachment 314409
It doesn't appear that they had to pour new footings - just looks like they had to break up the slab where the legs are connecting below. My guess is they had cast-in the anchor bolts for the base plate connection when the parking structure was completed, and then covered them up anticipating that the signs wouldn't be installed for a couple years. I could be wrong, but it seems like this was intentional.

Back