Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Once again banks are taking the prime retail spots -- another reason that retail fails in these kinds of developments. I guess they are the ones with the cash to spare for high-end leases. Unfortunately, the whole development continues to underwhelm as related to its original premise.

Once again banks are taking the prime retail spots -- another reason that retail fails in these kinds of developments. I guess they are the ones with the cash to spare for high-end leases. Unfortunately, the whole development continues to underwhelm as related to its original premise.
"Come live here, where the bank is only a few footsteps away for you to invest in poor investment products."

Dollar bills yo; follow the money.

Agreed - seeing a handful of banks, Rexall, Starbucks, and I believe I heard a Rogers phone store and weed store were going in. This development is turning out to be another Edmonton strip mall, but only in the ice district. May as well complete the Edmonton mall theme and stick an Aldos in there while we are at it. Underwhelming compared to what was originally envisioned indeed.

Agreed - seeing a handful of banks, Rexall, Starbucks, and I believe I heard a Rogers phone store and weed store were going in. This development is turning out to be another Edmonton strip mall, but only in the ice district. May as well complete the Edmonton mall theme and stick an Aldos in there while we are at it. Underwhelming compared to what was originally envisioned indeed.
The only unique retail in Ice District are the restaurants in the JW Marriott. That's about it I guess.

So much potential falling on "normal" thinking. These leases are no doubt minimum 10 years and so the ruination of potential is long term. And it doesn't bode well for Phase II. Some people "in the know" re Ice District need to go back to school. This has been VERY poorly executed (and "executed" here is double entendre).

2AD69F0E-0114-42E0-BBF4-EC34AC77A041.jpeg

I'm wondering if the concrete above the tower section is for the podium elevator, as most of these style of developments have an elevator or at least elevator access if it would be the same elevator as the residential portion.

Back