CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
We'll, I didn't know that. That said, can you define high pollution? Is that refering to automobiles just so I know?
As per shades, that would be hard to administered as wide tree canopies wouldn't fit well into that space from what I gathered with the photos. The only way that I can see is skinny trees in abundance but spacing it closer to eachother without intruding or obstructing ground level views. I just would like to see something new.
Basically the spray from the cars settles on the leaves coating them. Another problem evergreens have is they need slightly acidic soil and with the amount of salt used indiscriminately they wouldn’t stand a chance.

Typical evergreens would be too large and south facing is generally not the right location for them. I love cedars, which can be smaller, but it is quite cold and dry for them here.

Few in Edmonton seem to really get that evergreen trees regularly need water when dry. A deciduous tree would make sense here.

Given that the next leg of Imagine Jasper Ave is now funded, won’t we most likely just see the same kinds of trees/planters we did eastward? Isn’t this just getting torn up anyway?

Given that the next leg of Imagine Jasper Ave is now funded, won’t we most likely just see the same kinds of trees/planters we did eastward? Isn’t this just getting torn up anyway?
The under ground rooting structure was installed during the sidewalk work last summer. I remember seeing it. Which make sense since they would have to dig everything up again.

Not to belabour the point but these cedars on 106 street are doing quite well despite years of neglect. It is not a busy street so pollution levels are lower and there is no one pouring copious amounts of salt on the sidewalks unfortunately I don’t think they will survive The Shift construction. It would be nice if the city planted some across the street in the new park
IMG_2138.jpeg
IMG_2137.jpeg

Back