CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
F3DEF09A-6F15-4AEA-8ABB-E4BBDEB9A2F5.jpeg

Taken on Saturday, November 6th.

I really wonder what kind of chance would there be to seeing that 1 story commercial area be redeveloped to a mixed use podium with a small to medium tower above?
It has been discussed. None. That 1 storey is part of The Pinnacles podium and there are structural issues to.be considered. Also, below that they have the underground parking that serves the building and I can't picture the owners giving that up for years, as it certainly decreases rent values.

It has been discussed. None. That 1 storey is part of The Pinnacles podium and there are structural issues to.be considered. Also, below that they have the underground parking that serves the building and I can't picture the owners giving that up for years, as it certainly decreases rent values.
I wonder about that too. One storey might have been fine for the 1970's, but now space is at a bit more of a premium. I don't know about the structure and don't think it needs to be a high rise, but I wonder if a 3 to 5 storey building would be feasible to get a bit more use out of this fairly large space.

Indeed.

EllisDon108,568 followers2d • 2 days ago

Big news! Our CNIB – 12010 Jasper Avenue project has officially topped off.

Targeting LEED Silver certification, this 34-storey apartment tower is a unique addition to the City of Edmonton’s Oliver and Downtown neighbourhoods offering 342 residential suites as well as commercial space on the lower levels. As a nod to the site’s history with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind, the building’s façade will incorporate the use of braille letters and numbers once complete.

We are excited for this project to continue moving towards the finish line. Congratulations to the site team on coordinating this major milestone!

Back