CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Also still digging

P2270028.JPG
P2270027.JPG

@.crystalised. Perhaps someone should create a "too dependent on resource revenues in a volatile and unforgiving market" mod to get the full Alberta experience in SimCity.
Amen. The 'All-Eggs-In-Energy-Basket' patch. A boom-and-bust cycle wouldn't be very fun in the game, but it would certainly be realistic.
Those 20-odd years between Commerce Place and EPCOR Tower were the longest of my life...and watching Calgary during that time made me lose my rest.

I'm really hopeful that investment in Edmonton will continue.

I wish Edmonton would build up as fast as my SimCities do. Whenever I start building a new city, I seem to follow an inspired design and they all resemble Edmonton's layout in the end, just with more buildings :)

Only difference is CNIB Tower is called 'Svelte Towers', Pearl is 'Mullet Hi-Rise', etc. ?

Ahh yes the Svelte Towers. That's Sim City 3000 right?
I still play Sim City 4 from time to time

Ahh yes the Svelte Towers. That's Sim City 3000 right?
I still play Sim City 4 from time to time
I tried SC4 when it was released and never really got into it, but I still get hooked on building a new city in SimCity 3000 from time to time. I just wish there were more tower design variations built into the game. I forcibly demolish repetitive towers until different construction pops up, then I quickly designate towers historical when I get the building I want so that they never change ?

I pack my downtown blocks with the Bradbury Building and Smiley Sons and Daughter Foundation (warehouses) so that my towers aren't too close together, and it still gives a big-city feel but with the added bonus of having a warehouse district integrated into the CBD :cool:

Sorry CNIB tower, back to you... ;)

Last edited:

Back