Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

The last stop is already built, the new transit centre that the lrt is going to was paid for by St Al. The centre will eventually handle the NW corner of the city. As the LRT crosses the Henday St AL Pays for it. The current alignment has it going to the NW industrial area. That happens to be at the Henday.

They actually have a very solid plan and case studies for that. They spent quite some time and money on that, and their trigger to make that connection would be Edmonton bringing the line to their city limits.
I agree it would be a great thing to happen, and it should happen. But the opposition in St. Albert would be intense.

I agree it would be a great thing to happen, and it should happen. But the opposition in St. Albert would be intense.
Why would there be intense opposition? For all the commuters coming into the city on a regular basis this would greatly simplify travel for so many. It would help St.Albert resident get around to so many parts of the city of Edmonton easily without having to drive into the city.

Why would there be intense opposition? For all the commuters coming into the city on a regular basis this would greatly simplify travel for so many. It would help St.Albert resident get around to so many parts of the city of Edmonton easily without having to drive into the city.
Lots of people carry the perception that the LRT brings crime. Like I said I think it would be wonderful for St.Albert, but you can find lots of examples of people from Millwoods and Lewis Farms area talking about how they are going to move because in their opinion all the LRT will do is bring homeless and crime to their neighborhood.

Last edited:
Lots of people carry the perception that the LRT brings crime. Like I said I think it would be wonderful for St.Albert, but you can find lots of examples of people from Millwoods and Lewis Farms area talking about how they are going to move because in their opinion all the LRT will do is bring homeless and crime to their neighborhood.
I suspect some of the people talking about moving are because of noise and more activity. People moved to these suburban areas years ago to live in a quiet area may not have anticipated the LRT being nearby.

Of course, some other people may find living close to the LRT very convenient, so the sellers may find buyers and in the end everyone can live in an area that suits them.

No there is a great many people that want the line to St Albert.. The St Al Trail realignment is to accommodate the future line. The redevelopment of the sound wall along the south section of St Al trail was to allow for the line to run along the east side of the trail. Work done at the North side will allow the line to run east by the Hospital then turn across at Jensen Lake. However the line will not be built in my lifetime.

Here's me hoping Sherwood Park will get a line eventually
We'll get to Stony Plain before we get to Shwerwood Park. If there's one place in Edmonton Metro where I can really see a HUGE pushback on any LRT plans is Strathcona County. Just remember what happened with the Regional Transit

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 475476923-002
Description:To Construct 4 buildings of Multi-unit Housing (Row Housing) for a total of 26 Dwellings and Renewable Energy Systems building (3.2m x 5.3m)
Plan 1822441 Blk 4 Lot 5
Applicant:STREETSIDE DEVELOPMENTS
Create Date:2023/06/15
Neighbourhood:BLATCHFORD AREA
Class Of Permit:Class B

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 475476923-002
Description:To Construct 4 buildings of Multi-unit Housing (Row Housing) for a total of 26 Dwellings and Renewable Energy Systems building (3.2m x 5.3m)
Plan 1822441 Blk 4 Lot 5
Applicant:STREETSIDE DEVELOPMENTS
Create Date:2023/06/15
Neighbourhood:BLATCHFORD AREA
Class Of Permit:Class B
Starting from $399k apparently. Is this the lowest priced offering to date in Blatchford?
1698956390342.png

Looks like it's the Harley model, which is priced at $320k in Rosenthal.

Last edited:

Back