Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

^The Landmark homes start at $500k I think - they certainly are more modest (plain) in appearance compared to their neighbours.

One thing I can't get by is that none of these residences is accessible. I have walked through a number of them during construction and they are far less accessible indoors as well. Tight spaces a wheelchair would have issues with.

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 471976665-002
Description:To construct a mixed-Use (main floor General Retail Store Use with 72 Dwellings of Multi-unit Housing on floors 2-5) building with an underground parkade.
Plan 2120299 Blk 7 Lot 3
Applicant:NEXT ARCHITECTURE
Create Date:2023/05/10
Neighbourhood:BLATCHFORD AREA
Issue Date:2023/11/14
Class Of Permit:Class B
Notification Start Date:2023/11/21
Notification End Date:2023/12/12
Add To Results

Sign Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 471976665-003
Description:To develop a Comprehensive Sign Design Plan for (Blatchford Apartment).
Plan 2120299 Blk 7 Lot 3
Create Date:2023/09/27
If I read the city's permit map correctly, this apartment will be here (if it goes ahead, fingers crossed)
Blatchford.PNG

Last edited:
Major Development Permit
Description:To construct a mixed-Use (main floor General Retail Store Use with 72 Dwellings of Multi-unit Housing on floors 2-5) building with an underground parkade.
Plan 2120299 Blk 7 Lot 3
Add To Results

Sign Development Permit
Description:To develop a Comprehensive Sign Design Plan for (Blatchford Apartment).
Plan 2120299 Blk 7 Lot 3
If I read the city's permit map correctly, this apartment will be here (if it goes ahead, fingers crossed)
View attachment 523812

There is starting to be some real momentum on that side of Blatchford. The NX Build (15 units in the lot surrounded by Adair, Fane and Control Tower Way) is quite a ways along. Streetside Developments (26 units just off Airport Road) was doing some prep work this week on their site). 40 purpose-built rentals are also supposed to be breaking ground right next to this 72 unit site in the spring.

These projects are really going to add to the density. I think if this 72 unit apartment goes ahead, people will really start to be able to see the vision of Blatchford coming together. Do we think the removal of GST on purpose-built rentals might jump start some development in Blatchford?

You can find smaller, less luxurious, worse located townhomes in th Orchards going for $430k+

$399k for Blatchford is incredibly reasonable. If houses were my thing, I'd definitely be looking into this, but I guess I'll have to wait a while for them to start building condos in Blatchford. 😢
They are town houses aka duplexes. No stand alone homes on a single lot that can be fenced and with a yard.

Major Development Permit
Plan 2120299 Blk 7 Lot 3
Add To Results

Sign Development Permit
Plan 2120299 Blk 7 Lot 3
View attachment 523812
Is there a render out for this yet?

There is starting to be some real momentum on that side of Blatchford. The NX Build (15 units in the lot surrounded by Adair, Fane and Control Tower Way) is quite a ways along. Streetside Developments (26 units just off Airport Road) was doing some prep work this week on their site). 40 purpose-built rentals are also supposed to be breaking ground right next to this 72 unit site in the spring.

These projects are really going to add to the density. I think if this 72 unit apartment goes ahead, people will really start to be able to see the vision of Blatchford coming together. Do we think the removal of GST on purpose-built rentals might jump start some development in Blatchford?
Now please open a cozy cafe and homely pasta kitchen in Blatchford 😩

What kind of zoning restrictions does the commercial have, if any?

For example, the mixed use building at 98ave and 95st in Cloverdale ended up with all office at grade, which feels like a real miss right next to the river valley. Would be good to maybe have some restrictions on office uses to ensure some local commercial ends up in the space. Cloverdale actually has a decent amount of commercial space, but precisely zero percent of it serves the local neighbourhood. Wouldn't be a great start if that happened here

Now that is becoming more than 2 rows of town homes in a construction site there will be more and more desire from people to move in. They need quite a few more people in the neighborhood before retail will have much success though.

Back