Bateman Lands Mid-Rise | 34m | 8s | Bateman Properties | Next Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I'm going to have to pop by on my way to work one of these days! Does anyone think it would be feasible for an Italian Centre to go in the remaining vacant space? I've been going to the one near Southgate recently b/c I find their prices are way more reasonable than the other organic and even chain grocers.

I'm going to have to pop by on my way to work one of these days! Does anyone think it would be feasible for an Italian Centre to go in the remaining vacant space? I've been going to the one near Southgate recently b/c I find their prices are way more reasonable than the other organic and even chain grocers.
Nope! We already have 4 Italian Markets PLUS that new L’oca going up in the Park which will in essence be another Italian Market.

Nope! We already have 4 Italian Markets PLUS that new L’oca going up in the Park which will in essence be another Italian Market.
C'mon you can never have enough Italian offerings in Edmontone! 🤌🇮🇹

I just remembered there is K&K Foodliner on Whyte and 99th, going to check it out on Saturday to see if its an alternative for the Italian Centre. Also popped by the Colombian this morning, great coffee, great food offerings, and a nice vibe overall. Here's hoping this part of 99th fills out over time!

I just remembered there is K&K Foodliner on Whyte and 99th, going to check it out on Saturday to see if its an alternative for the Italian Centre. Also popped by the Colombian this morning, great coffee, great food offerings, and a nice vibe overall. Here's hoping this part of 99th fills out over time!
It's not a proper alternative to the Italian Centre, IMO. It's more like a great complement. IT carris less variety of items, their cheese and charcuterie meat section is substantially smaller (especially than the 95 st Italian Centre).

That said, they are very focused on German and Polish items, mostly, so if you are looking for items from these origins, you'll probably fare better than at the Italian Centre.

I didn't think K&K was better more a small niche location. I used to go to the Polish Deli on Princes Elizabeth at the traffic circle. Alas its gone now.

I'm hoping to visit The Colombian soon. I've driven by their French Quarter location a few times but never stopped in.
If they plan on expanding again, any chance their next location will be at Jasper Ave/112 St in the vacated (?) Second Cup space?

I used to go to that Second Cup regularly and every time I go by I wonder why the sign is still up as if it is still there. Are they still paying for the space?

I didn't think K&K was better more a small niche location. I used to go to the Polish Deli on Princes Elizabeth at the traffic circle. Alas its gone now.
Go to Baltyk bakery and deli for polish. Across from the royal alex near the polish hall.

That said, Italian centre does a good job to carry European nationality goods, often at more reasonable prices.

I have been to Baltyk but for some reason I liked the Deli. Will have to go back and try Baltyk again.

Being Polish myself I still get most of my Polish (and general European items) from the Italian centre. The new one in Sherwood Park in particular has the best selection and variety compared to the others. The deli is overpriced and can be hit or miss for items.

I'll have to check out K&K food liner though, never been and if they have a good selection of goods then I'll be a regular customer.

Back