Army & Navy Redevelopment | ?m | 6s | Edgar

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Sounds like this one is postponed indefinitely.

Wow really? Could you expand on what you know?

If true I'm really, really disappointed. This proposal was one of the projects I was most looking forward to potentially starting in 2023.. The current vacant building is such an eyesore on Edmonton's premier street and destination and the proposal seemed to really emphasize what we all want Whyte/Old Strathcona to be, which is pedestrian friendly and aesthetically pleasing while making use of alleyway space and a gathering place near the main intersection of Whyte.

I would have thought with the strong momentum of the area this one was a sure bet but I guess market conditions are bringing expectations back down.

If that is the case, that is not the worst thing. Maybe the easiest solution is for it to remain retail space. It is in a good location for that.

I recall when United Cycle moved out of its Whyte Ave space years ago, there was a big space I wasn't sure would be filled, but it was divided into several smaller stores and that seemed to work.

Wow really? Could you expand on what you know?

If true I'm really, really disappointed. This proposal was one of the projects I was most looking forward to potentially starting in 2023.. The current vacant building is such an eyesore on Edmonton's premier street and destination and the proposal seemed to really emphasize what we all want Whyte/Old Strathcona to be, which is pedestrian friendly and aesthetically pleasing while making use of alleyway space and a gathering place near the main intersection of Whyte.

I would have thought with the strong momentum of the area this one was a sure bet but I guess market conditions are bringing expectations back down.

A variety of compounding factors.

A variety of compounding factors.
I do not understand why you would want to post that publicly assuming you were told that by someone in a key position with Edgar. Many developers following posts on Skyrise as you know. But then you know this and in posting this it must be factual right?

If they're going to launch their Clifton Place project next after The Mercury Block is completed, which was mentioned could be the case in that thread, then the post-ponement of this project is likely. Personally, I'd rather see Clifton Place and The Shift completed before they move on to this one.

Last edited:
I do not understand why you would want to post that publicly assuming you were told that by someone in a key position with Edgar. Many developers following posts on Skyrise as you know. But then you know this and in posting this it must be factual right?
"...I heard" is a hearsay that got your hair quite ruffled. Wait for the horse to speak is the best solution IMO

I'm certainly not being rude but stated fact. Even though Ian may or may not have talked to the horse, IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE LINKS TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT, IT IS AS GOOD AS A HEARSAY FOR NOW.
That said, we can still discussed this matter at large,

I'm certainly not being rude but stated fact. Even though Ian may or may not have talked to the horse, IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE LINKS TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT, IT IS AS GOOD AS A HEARSAY FOR NOW.
That said, we can still discussed this matter at large,

There are not going to be links about project announcements from a privately held company like Edgar. Ian knows what he's talking about so quit being rude and layoff.

Also, if there is no official announcement or statement, then presumably the company could change their mind later, if they wanted. There is a bit more finality to something with a public announcement.

However, if you hear the same thing from several parties, then I suppose it can be an indication that a decision has been made. Particularly if that information is being put out publicly - that is a sign.

Back