Reaction score

At 2:32

Capture.PNG

(leftmost tower)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,203
This project isn't happening since the hosues that this was proposed on are designated Muncipa Historic Resources and owned by different groups - not Westrich.

Especially since these homes recently had a restoration done to them, which included new foundations.

The question for me is, how expensive would it be to remove the houses temporarily, build the tower, and lift the two houses to the very roof top and resettle the houses there? Can there be a cooperation with all parties involved? A simple rectangle tower with monochromatic color to contrast modern with antiquity. Imagine a finishing like encore -different color- with the antiquated penthouses?

The question for me is, how expensive would it be to remove the houses temporarily, build the tower, and lift the two houses to the very roof top and resettle the houses there? Can there be a cooperation with all parties involved? A simple rectangle tower with monochromatic color to contrast modern with antiquity. Imagine a finishing like encore -different color- with the antiquated penthouses?
Don’t do drugs kids.

you mean something like this? 🤪

1711148284927.png

Attachments

• 1711148180188.png
    1711148180188.png
    776.3 KB · Views: 0
Lifting a house would be trivial. The cost of doing so would be prohibitive. Someone with more knowledge can chime in whether a house is built to withstand wind at the top of a tower.
Houses have been lifted by cranes multiple times onto flat truck bed and moved as far as 300km. It can easily be lifted higher as long as the structure's integrity is solid. A crawler crane would be required. IT IS JUSA MATTER OF THE WILLINGNESS TO DO IT. I have witnessed more than ample lifts in my life time in the trades and seeing the complexity of how they navigate placements in a maze of jungles then asked myself, " how the f*CK did they do that?".

I mean hey, points for creativity. As someone's passion project (someone with deeeeeeep pockets) I could see that happening, sure. I just couldn't see Westrich having an incentive to do it unfortunately.

Back